Saturday, January 10, 2009

The Worst Films 0f 2008


Now is the time for me to decide the movie which I personally think is the worst of 2008. Of course, it is from top 10 to top 1. People who really like the movies which I listed below, please put the blame on me (Just kidding). Of course, the movie which I never seen before is not included.


10.) Jumper
9.) What Happen In Vegas
8.) College Road Trip
7.) The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor
6.) Witless Protection
5.) Bangkok Dangerous
4.) Superhero Movie
3.) Max Payne
2.) Babylon A.D.
1.) Meet The Spartans

So, how was it? I did write reviews for some movie that I mentioned above. Others is not available. So, I will do a quick one. First, "Jumper" directed by Doug Liman who brought you his masterpiece, "The Bourne Identity". I'm very disappointed with his latest film. He cannot manage the action sequences well and fit into the movie with the character. Some of the character in the movie are lack of purposes. And there will be a plot hole in the movie, and the acting are bad. Actually I thought "21" will be in top 10. I really think about it and I choose "Jumper" as top 10. Second, "Bangkok Dangerous" directed by The Pang Brothers who also direct "Bangkok Dangerous" (Thai version) in 1999. This movie is about a hitman who going to Bangkok to have an assignment, kill people. I really enjoy this year summer movie, because there is a lot of movie which is more humanized and more focus on human mindset and characteristic. But, I hate this movie is because this movie is too humanized. The real hitman doesn't know how to love just like the movie "Hitman", he even doesn't want to make love with the girl. And the movie is too focus on the relationship between the hitman and the girl. It doesn't look dangerous enough. In the end, the movie feels very lame. Finally, "Babylon A.D." directed by Mathieu Kassovitz. I don't know why this movie existed. First, Vin Diesel doesn't look cool (he looks dirty and smelly) in the movie. Second, after you watch this movie, you'll feel like the director made this movie is for fun. The action sequences in this movie is not related with the story line at all. All I can say is the director is ruining his own movie. Such a waste.
Woow...I just want to stop it. The comments above is just my opinion. So don't be angry and enjoy the upcoming movie in 2009.

No comments: