Saturday, December 27, 2008

Max Payne

Max Payne, 1 out of 4 stars


Mark Wahlberg as Max Payne and Mila Kunis as Mona Sax in "Max Payne" or should I call it "Max Pain"?

Max Payne, it is the worst game adaptation movie I ever seen recently. I said it and I mean it. "Max Payne" is based on a popular game also called Max Payne. This film is directed by John Moore who directed "Flight Of The Phoenix" at 2004. This movie is about a detective, Max Payne (Mark Wahlberg) trying to investigate and find the murderer who killed his wife and his daughter. In his search, he met Natasha Sax (Olga Kurylenko) and from there he also met Natasha's sister, Mona Sax (Mila Kunis). During his search, he found out that most of the people are taking some kind of drug which the film called "Valkyr". "Valkyr" is a drug which can make the person having hallucination and make the person become super soldier. So, Max Payne make his own way to find out the person who killed his wife. In the end he found out that the person who killed his wife is the person who he trusted well along the way. Well the plot is short because I don't know what to write about and because the story is very simple and boring, actually. Besides that, this movie only have a few scene of action sequences which I think it's sucks, even action junkies would not praise this movie I think. Other than that, I hate this movie because it only has two scenes using slow motion technique. Okay, let me tell you the truth, if you play the game before you sure know that the game contain a lot, which I mean hell lot of slow motion or should we call "Bullet time" sequences. But in this film, it only have two scenes using slow motion. Okay, maybe it's not suitable for one film having a lot of slow motion, but at least add more slow motion sequences in it just like they did in "300" and it will be a better movie. I want to have a lot of slow motion in this film is because it is a trademark in Max Payne (Game). After I watch this movie, someone told me that maybe they should try to make it like "Sin City" which contain alot comical style in it. Maybe it works. Despite a weak plot progression and bad acting, the only thing that I really admire from this film is the set design, it really follow the game design and they did it well. But still, this movie is a mess or just a toxic waste, even "Hitman" is better than this. I like "Hitman"(movie) a lot, actually. It's a lot better than this. Yes, this is a very short review so I will straight to the point, I'm quite disappointing about this film and it will be one of the worst movie this year. AND I MEAN IT!!

No comments: