Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Bolt (2008)

Bolt, 3.5 out of 4 stars


Bolt (John Travolta) and Penny (Miley Cyrus) in "Bolt".

Academy Award nominations: Best Animated Feature

Three weeks just passed. I spent my three weeks celebrating Chinese New Years with my friends and family. Now, I had to get back here and write some reviews for the Academy Awards nominated film in this few days. First, I would like to review "Bolt". Why? Because this movie is cute. "Bolt" is directed by Chris Williams and Byron Howard. The story is about a dog named Bolt (John Travolta). It has been modified by Penny's father and it has super powers. One day, Penny's father has been kidnapped by Doctor Calico (Malcolm McDowell). So, Penny (Miley Cyrus) and Bolt have to establish a plan to save her father. Before I continue writing the plot, I had to write Spoiler warning right? But I'm not doing it because I'm not going to tell you the plot anyway. So, it will be a short review. First of all, what I need to say is "Why so serious?". This film is for kids and family. The beginning of the film is just look very serious. For us, it is a joke but for kids it just not funny. It feels like you're watching a spy thriller animation. It's just not a big deal anyway. After few minutes running times, the film totally change from action packed to comedy. It happens too fast. Besides that, the story is quite nice actually. The story really have some great value which is we must face the truth instead of escaping it. Other than that, friendship is very important in our life and we must appreciate it. Besides that, I have a friend who told me this film is just "Okay" because she think that the Rhino (Mark Walton) ain't cute because of the voices are too rough. For me the voice is perfect, it really fits for that character, because the voices define the characteristic of each character inside the film. The plot progression for this film is very smooth, and the character development is very good. The audiences sure will enjoy watching it. Overall,"This is a movie which suitable for all ages and contain lot's of fun!"

No comments: